Thursday, September 20, 2007

The journey so far...

In a reflective mood today...and feeling somewhat confused? frustrated? lost? over my adjustment to motherhood. Hard to explain what i mean...but mothering really needs to grow on you, realised that it doesn't come naturally, and that mother-son bond does grow deeper with time. Don't expect a relationship to just happen it has to be cultivated.
I really enjoy his presence, every time he is not with me, i feel my mind wandering back to what he is doing. But there are days when i feel aimless and lost and not quite sure what a stay-at-home-mum means or needs to be doing. At times, i do feel restless, wanting to do things on my own. But those thoughts don't linger long, especially when Zachary's face lights up when he sees mine.

2 comments:

filbert&fluff said...

From another SAHM, I know what you mean. It is the hardest thing I have ever done, and while I don't want to do anything else at the moment, I long for adult company and 'normal' job satisfaction!

amelia thinks said...

Yeah...someone who understands me! Some days i face a dichotomy...i really want to be with him and at the same time i want to escape from him!