Sunday, February 17, 2008

me time...

Sometimes i just need time to myself...to do things on my own...to surf the web aimlessly, to veg out infront of the TV for awhile, to take a nice long bath, to jot some thoughts down on my journal, to flip through magazines, to spend some time with the Almighty...and these few precious minutes are either in the morning (while Zac takes a fitful nap) or at night after i put him to bed, praying hard that he doesn't stir till the sun comes out (no actually that's too early...an hour after the sun rises would be good!). These moments are always savoured cautiously...in anticipation that the little boy would wake up suddenly from his nap!
I realised that these times are so precious to me...that when i don't get it (when Zac starts to fuss...or something else happens) i get very cross!! Suddenly i become very protective of that "me" time. Lord...help me to be generous with my time...and grant me lots and lots of PATIENCE!!

No comments: