Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rice cereal...yum yum

We finally did it...fed Zach his first taste of food...other than breastmilk. It was after much deliberation...as he is not quite 6 months yet, but he seemed impatient to try something other than milk. I would say that it went well! He had a few apprehensive spoonfuls of the stuff (with quite a bit dribbling out) and seem willing to allow me to feed him somemore.
And now i guess...we start the world of solid food for him! Next on the menu...puree pear and peas! Yum yum...but sigh...that means more work for me!
With this new milestone, i realised that my little boy is growing up very quickly. Sometimes i am impatient for him to grow up quicker and to be more independent but there are times when i wish that it would all slow down. Although at the moment...i'm leaning towards wanting him to grow up quicker! But i thank God for supporting me through these few trying months...the ups and the downs...and i know there will be many more roller coasters to ride out. With God's grace...
My favourite moment with Zach....when i sneak up on him while he is in the cot,when he catches my face...the beaming smile that accompanies...my heart melts!

No comments: